Energy efficiency trends of final consumers
- Energy efficiency of final consumers improved by 1.3%/year between 2000 and 2015, with a slight slowdown from 1.4%/year before 2007 to 1.1% /year since 2010 (ODEX=82 in 2015 --> 18% energy efficiency improvement or 1.3%/year).
- Larger gains for households (2.1%/year).
- Rate of improvement divided by 2 in industry, since the economic crisis (-1%/year since 2007 compared to 2%/year before).
- Regular but limited improvement in transport (1%/year): greater for cars than for trucks.
- Few “measurable” progress in services.
Energy efficiency trends of final consumers (EU)
Energy efficiency improvement above 1.5%/year since 2007 in 15 countries, of which 7 have accelerated their rate of improvement since 2007.